Job security is important in any job. It’s also nice to be rewarded with that job security for work well done.
That’s what the UFC has done for two top ten fighters as Carlos Condit and Ben Henderson have both inked multi-fight contract extensions with the promotion.
Condit and Henderson’s representation at First Round Management announced the news on Wednesday.
“These fight contract extensions show the MMA world that the UFC values Ben Henderson and Carlos Condit as two of its top, young stars,” First Round Management President Malki Kawa said. “Both are only 27 years old and have proven that they are contenders for titles in their weight divisions and also have strong fan bases. Fans will now be able to see them continue to grow in the Octagon.”
Condit is in preparation for his UFC 137 showdown against B.J. Penn in the co-main event for the Las Vegas card. His fight against Penn will be his 11th fight under the Zuffa umbrella between the UFC and the WEC.
“I am honored to receive an extension before my next fight, as it shows the level of confidence the UFC has in me. I can’t wait to show the fans how much my training for this next fight has paid off,” Condit said.
Just off of a huge win over Jim Miller at UFC on Versus 5 earlier this month, Ben Henderson echoed Condit’s words about sticking around with the promotion for as many fights as possible.
“I am excited that I will have the opportunity to continue to compete in the UFC, and I want to thank the UFC for believing in me and my abilities,” Henderson stated.
While the terms of the new deals weren’t disclosed, both Condit and Henderson signed multi-fight extensions that will see them competing in the UFC for quite some time.