Review & Photos by Ivan Canello – MMAWeekly.com
SAO PAULO, Brazil – Rousimar Toquinho Palhares of Brazilian Top Team made the perfect path to the Fury FC 185-pound divisional belt. This Grand Prix tournament has become regarded as one of the best in Brazil.
Palhares defeat Fábio Nascimento of Lotus MMA with a leg lock in the semi-final. He then submitted Chute Boxe fighter Daniel Acácio with a heel-lock in less than three minutes in the first round.
Winning the tournament, Palhares earned the prize of R$80,000. Acácio earned R$40,000 with the second place finish.
Brazilian Kickboxing Title (170-pound):
- Murilo Paolielo def. Edval Tico Pedroso by Split Decision
South American Kickboxing Title (185-pound):
- Ariel Machado def. Fernando El León Irala by KO, R1
Grand Prix Semifinal (185-pound):
- Daniel Acácio def. André Mikito by TKO, R2
- Rousimar Palhares def. Fábio Nascimento by Submission (Leg Lock), R1
Grand Prix Final (185-pound):
- Rousimar Toquinho def. Daniel Acácio by Submission (Heel Hook), R1
Alternate Fight (185-pound):
- Jorge Michelan def. Leandro Batata by Submission (Arm Lock), R1
- Alexandre Brandão Sagat def. Ricardo Oliveira Cromado by TKO, R1
- Rafael dos Anjos def. Gabriel Veiga by Unanimous Decision
- Antonio Braga Neto def. Fabiano Astorino by Submission (Kimura), R1
- Otsuka Takafumi def. Rodrigo Ruiz by TKO, R2