Brock Lesnar “Never Coming Back” to Fighting

October 24, 2012

Brock Lesnar at UFC 100Despite being retired for almost a year already, former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar‘s name still gets mentioned almost as often as anybody in the division.

When he was in the UFC, Lesnar was one of the biggest draws the company has ever known, and his climb to the top of the heavyweight division was nothing short of incredibly impressive.

But following a loss to Alistair Overeem at UFC 141 in December 2011, Lesnar called it a career, and decided to go back to his old job as a professional wrestler at the WWE.

The rumors of a Lesnar return have been around ever since that time however, but UFC President Dana White put all of those to bed with an interview he did speaking to the Dave & Mahoney Morning Show in Las Vegas.

“He’s done,” said White. “Called me a couple days ago he’s never coming back.”

Lesnar attended a UFC event several months ago, and White stated that he had a terrible meeting with the former heavyweight champ, and didn’t expect him to return at any time in the future.

Still, the prospect of Lesnar returning was exciting, and prior to their phone conversation this week, White revealed that the former Minnesota wrestling champion was contemplating a comeback.

Unfortunately, his body just wouldn’t allow it.

“He said his body, he can wrestle but he can’t fight. He was contemplating coming back,” White stated.

The last couple of years for Lesnar were particularly rough after he contracted diverticulitis and battled the disease through surgeries, and multiple periods of recovery. Lesnar’s weight shifted from the massive size he carried during his days in the Octagon, to a much smaller version that first appeared on WWE television earlier this year.

While his wrestling schedule has been reduced dramatically from what he used to do when working for Vince McMahon’s company, Lesnar is still able to spend much of his time at home with his family, which was his primary goal even when fighting for the UFC.