BJ Penn Accused of Sexual Assault, UFC Puts His Return on Hold

February 18, 2016

Recent sexual assault allegations leveled at returning UFC Hall of Famer BJ Penn are now under investigation by the Ultimate Fighting Championship and have put his comeback on hold.

Former BJPenn.com editor Pedro Alex Carrasco made the allegations against Penn public earlier this week when he tweeted, “Tired of seeing this pervert BJ Penn in the news. Dude’s a cocaine addict, who sexually assaulted my Playboy model GF, and I have proof.”

Carrasco worked for several years at BJPenn.com and says that he lived next door to Penn for 10 years. He left the website late last year, but didn’t publicly make any claims about the alleged sexual assault of his girlfriend until now. He also alleges that Penn also abuses cocaine.

HOT TOPIC > BJ Penn Claims Sexual Assault Allegations Are Rants of Disgruntled Fired Employee

“Worked with that scumbag for almost 10yrs, lived next door to him. He’s had a Coke problem since he was a kid,” Carrasco tweeted. “Came to my home when I wasn’t there and forced himself on my girl, pulled her clothes off, then blamed me, said I looked at his GF ass.”

BJ Penn UFC 94 WO_2268-478x270Carrasco claims to have proof of the allegations, but that “those clamoring for evidence will have to wait, there is an investigation pending with the authorities.”

Penn ended his retirement recently and has been in New Mexico training at Jackson Wink MMA in preparation for a return to the Octagon, which he said was going to happen at UFC 197 on April 23. The sexual assault allegations will delay and could derail his return, as UFC officials on Thursday issued a statement acknowledging that it would have an independent party investigate the matter and would cooperate with any law enforcement investigation.

“UFC is aware of the recent allegations made against BJ Penn. The organization requires all athletes who compete in the UFC to act in an ethical and responsible manner, as detailed in the UFC Fighter Conduct Policy. UFC will not tolerate violations of the policy,” read the UFC statement. “Every athlete is deserving of proper review and this situation, as with any serious allegation, will be investigated by an independent party and thoroughly reviewed by the UFC.  The UFC organization will also cooperate with any law enforcement investigation. In light of the serious allegations, UFC has postponed plans to book Penn for an upcoming bout until more details are determined.

“UFC holds athletes who compete in the organization to the highest standard and will continue to take appropriate action, if and when warranted.  It is important to note that Penn is considered innocent until proven guilty and UFC is not prejudging this matter.”

MMAWeekly.com will keep you updated as further details develop.

Follow MMAWeekly.com on FacebookTwitter and Instagram